1. Information You Provide to Us
1.1. Information Provided by prospective and Active EpiFruit Partners
- Sign Up Information. When You sign up to become an EpiFruit Partner, You provide Your name, Social Security Number, date of birth, email address, physical address, phone number, photo, driver’s license information, vehicle information, and car insurance information. We share this information with third-party providers who initiate background check reports on You. Additional information about the third parties who run the background checks is provided in Section 3 below.
- Payment Information. We receive EpiFruit Partners’ bank account and tax information to facilitate payment and for tax reporting purposes.
1.2. Information Provided by Retailers
- Profile Information. A Retailer who signs up for our App provides us with the business’s physical address, hours, and various product information.
- Payment Information. We may receive Retailers’ bank account information to facilitate payments.
1.3. Information Provided by All Users
If You contact us directly, We may receive additional information about You. For example, if You contact us for customer support, We will receive Your name, email address, and the contents of any message or attachments that You may send to us, as Well as any other information You choose to provide.
2. Information We Collect
2.1. Information We Collect From Your Device With Your Permission
In order to facilitate on-demand deliveries, We need to know where EpiFruit Partners are located. We continuously collect location information from EpiFruit Partners, who are advertising their availability, in order to (a) assist EpiFruit Partners in finding available delivery opportunities, (b) allow Retailers to track deliveries, and (c) other similar purposes. We also use location information for analytics purposes in order to deliver the most accurate information and to improve our App for You.
2.2. Information We Collect When You Use Our App
- Device Information. We receive information from Users’ devices, including IP address, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, and unique device identifiers.
- Usage Information. We automatically receive information about Your interactions with our App, such as the content You view and the dates and times of Your visits. We collect this information to help us improve our App and to provide You with accurate information.
- Call and Text Information. EpiFruit neither tracks your communications nor logs records of them.
3. Information We Receive from Third Parties
EpiFruit works with reputable third-party providers to perform driving record and criminal background checks on prospective and active EpiFruit Partners, and in some instances these third parties provide prospective and active EpiFruit Partners’ records to EpiFruit as part of the background check process.
4. How We Use Information We Collect From Users
4.1. Uses of Information Collected from All Users
We may use the information We collect from all Users to:
- Provide, improve, expand, and promote our App;
- Analyze how You use our App;
- Communicate with You, either directly or through one of our service providers, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Facilitate transactions, deliveries, and payments;
- Respond to customer support questions;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- Respond to any issues that may arise during deliveries.
4.2. Additional Uses of Prospective and Active EpiFruit Partner Information
We also use information from prospective and active EpiFruit Partners for determining whether to grant a prospective EpiFruit Partner access to our App, and sending emails and text messages to prospective and active EpiFruit Partners regarding their EpiFruit sign up, available deliveries, incentives and other opportunities, and additional information about our App.
4.3. Additional Uses of Retailer Information
We also use the information collected from Retailers to notify them about orders, deliveries, and returns, and for other administrative and marketing purposes, including via text message, push notifications, phone calls, and emails.
5. How DLVR Shares Information It Collects From Users
5.1. Sharing between Customers and EpiFruit Partners
Once an EpiFruit Partner accepts a delivery request from a Retailer, the Retailer can see certain EpiFruit Partner information and location. The EpiFruit Partner can see the Retailer’s name, address and phone number. A Retailer may also be able see the EpiFruit Partner’s photo, if the EpiFruit Partner has submitted a photo. During a delivery, the Retailer in some instances is able to see the EpiFruit Partner’s real-time location. During a delivery, Retailers and EpiFruit Partners are able to call and text each other. Retailer and EpiFruit Partner phone numbers are always masked. Following a completed delivery, EpiFruit may share feedback or comments that a Retailer provides about an EpiFruit Partner without identifying the Retailer.
5.2. Service Providers
We may share Your information with service providers that perform services on our behalf, including all of the uses described in Section 4 above.
5.3. Other Sharing
EpiFruit will protect, secure and keep confidential all of Your information. However, we may disclose Your information with third parties in the following cases:
- Where disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, legal process, or a governmental request;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties, if We think doing so is necessary protect the rights, property, or safety of EpiFruit, our Users, or the public;
- To protect the security or integrity of our App;
- To enforce our agreements, policies, and Terms and Conditions;
- To respond to an emergency which We believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person;
- To investigate and defend ourselves or others against any third-party claims or allegations (including claims originating from You);
- To provide information about the use of Our App to EpiFruit Partners, Retailers, or potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified forms that cannot reasonably be used to identify You;
- While negotiating or in relation to a business transaction, such as a merger, sale of assets, or bankruptcy; or
- Whenever You consent to the disclosure.
5.4. Retention Period
6. Your Choices
- Profile Information. You can update Your profile information through Your profile settings.
- Location Information. While You can prevent Your device from sharing location information at any time through Your device’s operating system settings, EpiFruit Partner location is core to our App and without it, You may not be able to successfully use our App. Deactivation of this feature may impair your ability to use Our App or affect its overall functionality.
- Email Subscriptions. If You do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, You may unsubscribe from receiving them by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of those emails, or by sending us a request to be unsubscribed. Even if You opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, You will continue to receive administrative messages from us related to Your use of the App.
7. Third-Party Links
Our App may contain links to other websites, products, or services that We do not have control over. Please be aware that We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties. We encourage You to read their privacy policies before giving them Your information.
8. Data Security
We are committed to protecting Your information. Even though We take precautions to protect Our Users’ data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and We cannot guarantee the security of Users’ data.
If You choose to access the App, You do so at Your own risk, and are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, and our Terms and Conditions. We may limit the availability of the App, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area and/or jurisdiction We choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
10. Privacy of Minors
EpiFruit is not designed or directed towards, and may not be suitable for, children or minors under the age of 16. EpiFruit does not knowingly collect personal information from minors. Any Use of the App by persons under the age of 18 must be with the continuing permission and supervision of a parent or legal guardian in accordance with our Terms and Conditions. If You believe that a child under the age of 16 has given EpiFruit personal information, please contact us.
Last Updated: 9.02.2017